Business Development Representative (BDR)
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb is on a mission to improve the quality of conversations online — and build an internet where content creators of every kind are empowered to truly own their audience relationships & thrive independently.
We build technologies that are rooted in healthy conversations, transparent first-party data relationships, and mutual economic prosperity for all stakeholders. Wherever there is a content creator to empower, a conversation to protect, or a community to host — OpenWeb will be there.
Today, OpenWeb partners with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers (including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Yahoo, HuffPost, Fox, Hearst, Refinery 29, and more) and hosts over 115 million active users across the internet every month
Founded in 2015, OpenWeb has over 250 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv, London, Paris, San Diego, and Canada, and is backed by top-tier investors such as Insight Partners, Georgian, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, and Dentsu among others
Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another. We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
About the role:
Our BD team is passionate about bringing new Publishers our innovative and useful products to help save the publishing Industry. We’re a collaborative and energetic business development team, focused on helping Publishers grow their business.
We are looking for Business Development Executives for our growing BD team based in New York. You will be responsible for educating, consulting, and prospecting new Publishers. Your extraordinary communication skills help you connect with Publisher via email and phone - quickly establishing trust and rapport.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Gain an understanding of the current state of the Publishing Industry + Ad-tech space
- Develop and qualify new business opportunities with Publishers
- Prospect and identify key decision-makers at target Publishing companies and lay the foundation for a strong and long-lasting relationship with them
- Create and run campaigns to generate new sales prospects
- Roll up your sleeves as no task is too small
- Act as an outward-facing ambassador of OpenWeb’s beliefs, brand, and products
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- Previous experience and/or strong interest in outbound sales and prospecting
- Desire to start and grow a career in business development
- Excellent collaboration, written, and verbal skills
- An assertive, resilient, and persuasive personality
- A genuine curiosity about people and business
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and exciting environment
OpenWeb’s Perks & Quirks:
- 401k + matching
- Premium health benefits including comprehensive vision, medical, dental through Aetna
- Telehealth plan with 24/7 access to a dedicated team of physical and mental healthcare providers
- Flexible PTO policy
- Company sponsored Life and Accidental insurance
- Team events and outings (once we can reunite!)
- Career growth & ownership
- Amazing coworkers!
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us! Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practice