We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb is on a mission to improve the quality of conversations online — and build an internet where content creators of every kind are empowered to truly own their audience relationships & thrive independently.
We build technologies that are rooted in healthy conversations, transparent first-party data relationships, and mutual economic prosperity for all stakeholders. Wherever there is a content creator to empower, a conversation to protect, or a community to host — OpenWeb will be there. Today, OpenWeb partners with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers (including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29, and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 220 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv, Kiev, San Diego, and Canada, and is backed by Insight Venture Partners, Georgian, Entrée Capital, AltaIR Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, Norma Investments, and ScaleUp. Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another.
We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and fewer shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
About the role:
We are looking for a PMO Manager who will be relentless in administering, monitoring and prioritizing all projects in the portfolio such that costs, quality, scope, timelines, and ROI realization are controlled and achieved. The PMO manager will have proven experience and competencies in project and portfolio management to guide and track all strategic and cross-functional projects on behalf of the organization. While the focus of this role will be mainly internal, there could be projects that involve customers or target acquisitions. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and a leader - a “Jane/Jack of all trades” who drives results and inspires others to take action. A good sense of humor is welcome as well!
PMO Manager - What You'll Do:
- Scope and plan projects (set goals and objectives, build project plans, determine resources and budgets, identify risks, dependencies, budgets and contingency planning, develop a change management plan, and set important metrics) from project initiation all the way through to delivery
- Collaborate with the leadership to set direction, objectives, and long-term vision for cross-functional large-scale programs, and deliver key programs to deliver business success.
- Serve as a trusted partner to all stakeholders by working cross-departmentally with partners at all levels, including senior leaders, to achieve successful delivery of strategic programs
- Independently lead cross-functional teams in a matrix environment. Ensure all team members understand the business value and objectives tied to the effort
- Design program templates and playbooks to be used for new programs/projects
- Proactively identify and quantify risks and issues with stakeholders; lead development and delivery of mitigation, and contingency plans, and resolve blocking issues with teams
- Drive adoption, amount various stakeholders, around the value of strategic project management methodologies.
- Own ongoing grooming of project requests & backlogs
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- 5+ years of program management within a fast-growing company
- Track record of successfully carrying out portfolio, program, and project management across Software, Engineering, Operations, & Enterprise initiatives
- High emotional intelligence with an ability to cultivate and build a collaborative working relationship with various business partners
- Self-motivated and action-driven. You can be given an objective and independently develop ways to achieve it
- Strong executive presence with an ability to command a room, captivate an audience, and efficiently run meetings to get to optimal decisions
- Detail-oriented and can quickly diagnose and fix a workflow problem, while also looking for improvement
- Sincere interest in understanding how things work and how to continuously make them better
OpenWeb’s Perks & Quirks:
- 401k + matching
- Premium health benefits include comprehensive vision, medical, dental through Aetna
- Telehealth plan with 24/7 access to a dedicated team of physical and mental healthcare providers
- Flexible PTO policy
- Company-sponsored Life and Accidental insurance
- Team events and outings (once we can reunite!)
- Career growth & ownership
- Amazing coworkers!
The OpenWeb Culture:
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Apply today to build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone.
We care about your privacy. Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices.