Senior Director, Partner Success
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb is on a mission to improve the quality of conversations online — and build an internet where content creators of every kind are empowered to truly own their audience relationships & thrive independently.
We build technologies that are rooted in healthy conversations, transparent first-party data relationships, and mutual economic prosperity for all stakeholders. Wherever there is a content creator to empower, a conversation to protect, or a community to host — OpenWeb will be there. Today, OpenWeb partners with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers (including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29, and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 220 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv, Kiev, San Diego, and Canada, and is backed by Insight Venture Partners, Georgian, Entrée Capital, AltaIR Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, Norma Investments, and ScaleUp. Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another.
We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and fewer shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
About the role:
At OpenWeb, we instill a partner-first mentality and culture into everything that we do. Partner Success and providing a world-class service to publishers around the world is absolutely vital to our long-term strategy.
As a Sr. Director, Partner Success, you are responsible for the overall health, retention, upsell, and expansion opportunities across your portfolio of accounts. You’ll bring a team player attitude, evangelize in OpenWeb’s mission, and translate your passion for Partner Success into every touchpoint with your partners. You oversee and cultivate strategic account plans with your team and ensure your team has the tools and resources they need to be successful as well as addressing challenges. You’ll interact with senior leadership internally and externally, and play an important role in overall partner advocacy.
Sr. Director, Partner Success - What You'll Do:
- Responsible for overall health, growth and retention of assigned account portfolio
- Manage a team of Partner Success Managers and Associates by guiding them through best practices and process development as well as providing coaching and mentorship
- Collaborate with Business Development, R&D, Product, and Marketing teams in order to manage and grow relationships with partners
- Develop and deploy strategies, action plans and playbooks to improve NPS, product adoption and customer retention outcomes
- Obsess over customer experience and know how to advocate for customer needs with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Contribute to process improvements, coaching/training development, and adopt a value driven approach to partner success
- Provide exemplary mentorship and motivation to direct reports
- Expand and leverage key relationships to identify opportunities for up-selling and expansion of OpenWeb’s platform and services
- Proactively lead account planning to align partner KPIs, expansion opportunities, relationship mapping, and effective action plans to best service the partner’s needs
- Conduct business reviews and establish relationship cadence to ensure partner satisfaction, adoption, and growth
- Become a subject matter expert in OpenWeb’s product suite and services
- Stay ahead of related industry trends, platforms and digital tools
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience in digital media, advertising technology, and publisher facing experience
- 2-4+ years of management experience
- A self-starter, who deals well in fast paced environment and is comfortable taking ownership of projects and functions
- Very strong analytical skills combined with a solid understanding of web technologies, digital media revenue ecosystem, and web advertising measurements and analytics
- Sales-oriented mindset with a history of successfully driving revenue by expanding and up-selling publishing partners
- Outstanding relationship management and customer service skills
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Consultative and solution oriented mindset; project management experience a plus
- Passion to work in at a hyper-growth company and motivated to roll-up your sleeves to make a real impact
- Enthusiastic team player, positive and fun energy, combined with previous experience inspiring team members
OpenWeb’s Perks & Quirks:
- 401k + matching
- Premium health benefits include comprehensive vision, medical, dental through Aetna
- Telehealth plan with 24/7 access to a dedicated team of physical and mental healthcare providers
- Flexible PTO policy
- Company-sponsored Life and Accidental insurance
- Team events and outings (once we can reunite!)
- Career growth & ownership
- Amazing coworkers!
The OpenWeb Culture:
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Apply today to build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone.
We care about your privacy. Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices.