Senior Project Manager
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb is on a mission to improve the quality of conversations online — and build an internet where content creators of every kind are empowered to truly own their audience relationships & thrive independently.
We build technologies that are rooted in healthy conversations, transparent first-party data relationships, and mutual economic prosperity for all stakeholders. Wherever there is a content creator to empower, a conversation to protect, or a community to host — OpenWeb will be there. Today, OpenWeb partners with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers (including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29, and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 220 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv, Kiev, San Diego, and Canada, and is backed by Insight Venture Partners, Georgian, Entrée Capital, AltaIR Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, Norma Investments, and ScaleUp. Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another.
We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and fewer shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
About the role:
As a part of our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Sr Project Manager who is passionate about getting things done! We are looking for a project leader and skilled problem solvers. Our Sr. Project Manager will be accountable for the success of an initiative, often coordinating efforts across departments and managing cross-functional teams. While reporting progress to business owners or the executive team they will also be inspiring team members to see the big picture and push toward their shared goals.
Senior Project Manager - What You'll Do:
- Collaborates with stakeholders to document project scope, deliverables, goals, risks, blockers, success measures, and estimated resources needed.
- Creates, manages, and distributes project communications like charters, schedules, and budgets.
- Coordinates and manages geographically diverse teams.
- Resolves technical and operational issues as required.
- Communicates routinely to management, customers, project team members, and other stakeholders, actively soliciting and addressing customer and project team feedback.
- Establishes key project criteria metrics.
- Highly effective leader. Serves as a role model for the project team.
- Skillfully handles tough situations and creates positive outcomes.
- Adapts swiftly to the language/systems used by the business teams
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- 5+ years of experience successfully enterprise-wide managing cross-functional projects within a fast-growing company.
- Motivate project members of project teams to develop self-reliance.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage timelines and deadlines across projects and teams
- Hands-on experience with process/project standardization and documentation
- Track record of identifying conflicting projects, assessing and managing risk
- Demonstrated experience in project management tools
- Detailed oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong written and oral communication skills including presentations, meeting leadership, and project documentation.
OpenWeb’s Perks & Quirks:
- 401k + matching
- Premium health benefits include comprehensive vision, medical, dental through Aetna
- Telehealth plan with 24/7 access to a dedicated team of physical and mental healthcare providers
- Flexible PTO policy
- Company-sponsored Life and Accidental insurance
- Team events and outings (once we can reunite!)
- Career growth & ownership
- Amazing coworkers!
The OpenWeb Culture:
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Apply today to build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone.
We care about your privacy. Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices.