VP, Human Resources
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb is on a mission to improve the quality of conversations online — and build an internet where content creators of every kind are empowered to truly own their audience relationships & thrive independently.
We build technologies that are rooted in healthy conversations, transparent first-party data relationships and mutual economic prosperity for all stakeholders. Wherever there is a content creator to empower, a conversation to protect or a community to host — OpenWeb will be there.
Today, OpenWeb partners with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers (including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 220 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv, Kiev, San Diego and Canada, and is backed by Insight Venture Partners, Georgian, Entrée Capital, AltaIR Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, Norma Investments, and ScaleUp
Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another. We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
VP, Human Resources - What You'll Do:
- Lead and leverage HR strategy and processes and drive key HR initiatives across both the Tel Aviv and US offices regarding performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, training and development, culture, organizational effectiveness and employee communication
- Partner and collaborate with various business leaders on growth strategy and provide HR guidance and input on decisions and execute to enable these strategies
- Provide executive coaching to department leaders, offering feedback and advice on employee and organizational issues, interviewing best practices, and feedback loops
- Creating and execute an Employee Engagement strategy across multiple teams and locations using Employee Survey action plans
- Create a very data-driven HR function across the stages of talent acquisition, onboarding, employee retention, promotions, and exits
- Empower your team to support all employees across the organization and drive the energy and change needed to scale the organization
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design and compensation philosophies
- Demonstrated experience building People and Talent programs within a fast-growing company, including recruiting, performance management, and employee development
- Strong background in building data-driven HR teams and managing strategic projects from inception through completion
- Experience in creating effective 360 degree feedback platforms for 1-on-1 meetings, goal setting, and annual employee/manager reviews
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong team support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of personalities and skill sets
- Fun, energetic, and approachable personality - we want HR to be fun and the cultural leaders of the organization!
OpenWeb’s Perks & Quirks:
- 401k + matching
- Premium health benefits including comprehensive vision, medical, dental through Aetna
- Telehealth plan with 24/7 access to a dedicated team of physical and mental healthcare providers
- Flexible PTO policy
- Company sponsored Life and Accidental insurance
- Team events and outings (once we can reunite!)
- Career growth & ownership
- Amazing coworkers!
The OpenWeb Culture:
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.