VP, Product Management (Ads)
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb is on a mission to improve the quality of conversations online — and build an internet where content creators of every kind are empowered to truly own their audience relationships & thrive independently.
We build technologies that are rooted in healthy conversations, transparent first-party data relationships, and mutual economic prosperity for all stakeholders. Wherever there is a content creator to empower, a conversation to protect, or a community to host — OpenWeb will be there.
Today, OpenWeb partners with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers (including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29, and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 220 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, and Canada, and is backed by Insight Venture Partners, Georgian, Entrée Capital, AltaIR Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, Norma Investments, and ScaleUp
Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another. We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
About the role:
OpenWeb is looking to add a Product Management leader to its growing product team in the US. Reporting directly to the SVP of Product, the VP of Product Management (Advertisers) will be instrumental to the design and implementation of strategies assuring OpenWeb's leadership and market gains. This role will be responsible for the suite of applications, tools, and tech that improve OpenWeb's overall monetization model.
VP, Product Management (Ads) - What You'll Do:
- Bring together and optimize our use of data, programmatic supply and demand, direct sales, and ad operations
- Work closely with our monetization team, ad tech partners, and the entire ad ecosystem to align our product capabilities and roadmaps to maximize revenue
- Optimize supply and demand paths, integrate transactions, data and workflows tightly and efficiently
- Design the roadmap and the delivery of all aspects of our advertising and ad tech offerings, and will directly manage a team of product managers and analysts.
- Ensure synchronicity between technical capabilities and monetization strategy
- Understand and represent the needs of our monetization team and their customers
- Collaborate with engineering, data, and design teams to own and deliver a product roadmap, establishing criteria for success and using them for data-driven decisions, and assuring fast, agile, high-quality releases.
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- 7-10+ years of experience in Product Management Leadership within the AdTech ecosystem - Publishers Solutions, a plus!
- Product Management methodologies Guru!
- Strong expertise in programmatic (supply and demand), advertising products, tools, and technologies - a must!
- Proven track record of defining long and short term technical product strategies and roadmaps
- In-depth knowledge of market trends, industry shifts affecting publisher
- Natural ownership abilities and entrepreneurial qualities - you’re self-driven and you feel comfortable motivating, leading, and making decisions that will ensure the success of the organization
- Strong communication skills and the ability to thoroughly explain the rationale of product decisions to stakeholders from all disciplines.
OpenWeb’s Perks & Quirks:
- 401k + matching
- Premium health benefits include comprehensive vision, medical, dental through Aetna
- Telehealth plan with 24/7 access to a dedicated team of physical and mental healthcare providers
- Flexible PTO policy
- Company-sponsored Life and Accidental insurance
- Team events and outings (once we can reunite!)
- Career growth & ownership
- Amazing coworkers!
The OpenWeb Culture:
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Apply today to build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone.
We care about your privacy. Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices.