QA Engineer - Hive Media Group - Contract to Hire
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb's mission is to improve the quality of conversations online, building a healthier web where content creators of all kinds are empowered to thrive. As a product company, OpenWeb partners with publishers and brands to build strong, direct relationships with their audiences.
OpenWeb's technology empowers its partners to build vibrant communities rooted in healthy conversations and robust social experiences. OpenWeb works with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers, hosting more than 100 million active users each month.
Founded in 2015, OpenWeb has over 400 employees in New York City, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, Canada, London, and Paris and is backed by world-class investors including Georgian, Insight Partners, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, and ScaleUp. To date, the company has raised $393 million in funding and is currently valued at $1.5 billion.
To learn more about OpenWeb's platform visit OpenWeb.com, or follow @OpenWebHQ on LinkedIn and Twitter.
We are seeking an adaptable, reliable, and thorough QA Engineer that will efficiently identify, investigate, and report bugs to help successfully deploy changes at Hive Media Group, an OpenWeb company. This role requires cross-browser testing and high comfort level working within each browser’s Developer Tools. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, team environment!
What you'll Do:
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs through manual testing strategies.
- Independently plan and execute new testing features that align with the company’s business objectives.
- Adapt to changing priorities and pay close attention final testing details with strict time constraints.
- Constantly review user interfaces for consistency, clarity, and functionality.
- Investigate and report bugs to the development team.
What you'll Bring:
- Basic understanding of CSS selectors (#id, .class)
- Strong understanding of browser development and testing tools (Chrome DevTools,Fiddler).
- Working knowledge of testing techniques used for testing websites.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What You'll Get:
This role compensation package includes an annual base salary ranging between $65,000 - $80,000 (based on candidates' experience and skill set) and other benefits, including:
- Company Stock Options - we believe that every employee should benefit from the company's success, as we all contribute to it. Hence, we offer stock options to all our employees and continue to reward with more stock options over time.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company-paid contributions
- Generous health benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision - for employees and their dependents
- Insurance policies covered by the company: Short term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Life insurance, AD&D insurance
- Daily catered lunches
- On site gym with Peloton bicycles
- Company-sponsored events and fully hosted summer and winter celebrations
The OpenWeb Culture:
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world-class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Apply today to build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone.
We care about your privacy. Please take a moment to review OpenWeb'sPrivacy Practices.