Director of Product, Social
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb is on a mission to improve the quality of conversations online — and build an internet where content creators of every kind are empowered to truly own their audience relationships & thrive independently.
We build technologies that are rooted in healthy conversations, transparent first-party data relationships, and mutual economic prosperity for all stakeholders. Wherever there is a content creator to empower, a conversation to protect, or a community to host — OpenWeb will be there.
Today, OpenWeb partners with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers (including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29, and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 220 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, and Canada, and is backed by Insight Venture Partners, Georgian, Entrée Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, and ScaleUp
Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another. We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
How You’ll Contribute as our Director of Product:
- Strategic Leader. Drive and build impact-driven roadmaps of your dedicated product group’s short and long term product strategy and vision by being deeply connected to your domain’s users and opportunities.
- Entrepreneur. Take full responsibility and ownership of the products in the group you lead, all the way from inception to production ensuring our goals are aligned with your users’ and publishers’ needs.
- Talk to Your Users! Lead market research and competitive landscape analysis to assess and identify customer, business and technical needs.
- Mentoring. Directly manage Squad Product Managers who lead development teams and manager of Product Designers.
- Collaborate. Work closely with top-notch pros in Dev, BI, Business Development and Marketing teams to successfully take your product to market.
- High Standards. Be a domain expert and a source of knowledge.
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- At least 3 years of experience as a leader of product managers, with demonstrated success in hiring and growing top talent.
- Experience with leading B2B/B2B2C products that affect millions of users.
- A Doer, with a proven track record of making an impact as a product leader.
- Proven track record of leading cross-organizational efforts in building and launching complex products while managing intricate operations and numerous moving parts.
- Strong product sense, ability to understand the problem or the opportunity.
- Strong analytical skills, developing product hypotheses and understanding the results.
- Savvy learner, avid listener, strong communicator and powerful presenter.
Build your skills with us as you build a healthier web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices
OpenWeb Tel Aviv
What’s most important is the wellbeing of our team members
Our Tel Aviv office is located just a few minutes from the HaShalom train station in the Alon Towers.
We’ve got the entire floor and outdoor space, so there’s plenty of room for meetings, team activities, and taking a break in the sun.