We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb is on a mission to improve the quality of conversations online — and build an internet where content creators of every kind are empowered to truly own their audience relationships & thrive independently.
We build technologies that are rooted in healthy conversations, transparent first-party data relationships and mutual economic prosperity for all stakeholders. Wherever there is a content creator to empower, a conversation to protect or a community to host — OpenWeb will be there.
Today, OpenWeb partners with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers (including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 220 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv, Kiev, San Diego and Canada, and is backed by Insight Venture Partners, Georgian, Entrée Capital, AltaIR Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, Norma Investments, and ScaleUp
Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another. We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
How You’ll Contribute as our Frontend Engineer:
- Your Mission is to be part of the software development initiatives to drive the OpenWeb Product vision.
- Take charge. Maintain, develop and create the frontend advertisement unit to build the monetization network product capabilities needed to evolve OpenWeb’s business model to achieve success.
- Teamwork. You will be joining a cross-functional team that embraces an Agile/DevOps culture with an emphasis on ownership, accountability, automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Fast paced. You will be supporting the design and development of fast and resilient web applications, along with the refactoring of legacy applications.
- Quality. You will be responsible for writing high quality, defect-free, secure, extensible, and reusable code, and ensuring that code is protected and tested through rigorous automated testing practices.
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- 4+ years experience in developing frontend web applications at Saas related companies
- Advantage: Xstate, noSQL databases- Redis, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- 5+ years using concepts like asynchronous programming, closures, types, and ES6
- Strong experience with browser API’s and optimizing frontend performance
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing practices
- Adtech knowledge
- Web based 3rd party applications
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices
OpenWeb Tel Aviv
What’s most important is the wellbeing of our team members
Our Tel Aviv office is located just a few minutes from the HaShalom train station in the Alon Towers.
We’ve got the entire floor and outdoor space, so there’s plenty of room for meetings, team activities, and taking a break in the sun.