QA Manual Engineer
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb is on a mission to improve the quality of conversations online — and build an internet where content creators of every kind are empowered to truly own their audience relationships & thrive independently.
We build technologies that are rooted in healthy conversations, transparent first-party data relationships and mutual economic prosperity for all stakeholders. Wherever there is a content creator to empower, a conversation to protect or a community to host — OpenWeb will be there.
Today, OpenWeb partners with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers (including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 220 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv, Kiev, San Diego and Canada, and is backed by Insight Venture Partners, Georgian, Entrée Capital, AltaIR Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, Norma Investments, and ScaleUp
Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another. We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
How You’ll Contribute as our QA Manual Engineer:
- UI / UX. Our product and development teams want to hear your feedback! You’ll place a high priority on running web testing to investigate and clearly communicate any bugs you find.
- Escaped bugs? Nope. Basically, you just don’t let bugs get past you. You will use your attention to detail and creativity to find and prevent bugs for your dedicated products and features.
- Ownership. You’ll be the dedicated QA Engineer in an agile product squad that is building our newest products and features. You’re an advocate for documentation, transparency, and always looking for opportunities for future automation.
- Web testing. Using all the latest technologies and testing methodologies, you’ll break all our records of resolved tickets and efficient testing cycle time/
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a QA Manual Engineer working on web-based and API testing
- Strong knowledge with Chrome dev tools, HTML Web elements (CSS Selectors, Tags, etc.)
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Jira (or similar)
- Curious and driven. For example, sometimes you think to yourself, maybe I want to be an Automation Engineer in a few years
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices
OpenWeb Tel Aviv
What’s most important is the wellbeing of our team members
- We offer generous and flexible PTO to accommodate life events like weddings, plus gym benefits, parking and a dog-friendly workspace
- Enjoy breakfast at the office every morning and lunch is on us from Cibus
- The first Sunday of every quarter the office is closed, giving you 4 long weekends a year and you have an additional free day off on your birthday
- To wrap it all together, we offer all our team members a free premium subscription to the Calm app