Senior Andorid Engineer
We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb is on a mission to improve the quality of conversations online — and build an internet where content creators of every kind are empowered to truly own their audience relationships & thrive independently.
We build technologies that are rooted in healthy conversations, transparent first-party data relationships, and mutual economic prosperity for all stakeholders. Wherever there is a content creator to empower, a conversation to protect, or a community to host — OpenWeb will be there.
Today, OpenWeb partners with more than 1,000 top-tier publishers (including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29, and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 220 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv, Kyiv, San Diego, and Canada, and is backed by Insight Venture Partners, Georgian, Entrée Capital, AltaIR Capital, The New York Times, Samsung Next, Dentsu, Norma Investments, and ScaleUp
Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another. We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
How You’ll Contribute as our Senior Android Engineer:
- Your Mission. Be part of the team that builds a best in class Mobile SDK for millions of end users.
- Build the future. End to end planning and execution of the structure for both our iOS and Android Mobile SDK to match our current scope of product offerings between mobile and web.
- Make an Impact. Be responsible for writing high quality, UI, defect-free, secure, extensible, and reusable code, and ensure that code is protected and tested through rigorous automated practices.
- Team work. Partner closely with teammates and play an active role in improving our mobile product
- Set an example. Be a mentor for the rest of the mobile team.
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- 3+ years experience working hands-on in Android development of complex native applications
- Willingness to develop on both Android and iOS platforms
- Experience with Kotlin, MVVM, Background Threads, and UI/UX
- Advantage: experience working with a scalable SDK
- Advantage: experience with React Native
- Experience with RxJava, flows, and Unit Testing.
- Hands-on end-to-end development of mobile SDK features using agile methods
- Preferably a degree in computer science/ similar
- Able to take ownership and to communicate respectfully and effectively
- Independent learner with a strong drive to learn new technologies
- Strong Product sense
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practices
OpenWeb Tel Aviv
What’s most important is the wellbeing of our team members
Our Tel Aviv office is located just a few minutes from the HaShalom train station in the Alon Towers.
We’ve got the entire floor and outdoor space, so there’s plenty of room for meetings, team activities, and taking a break in the sun.