This election season, with the complications of a global pandemic, increasing likelihood of uncertainty around election day itself, and the breakneck speed of the daily news cycle — it’s more important than ever to keep your readers updated and informed with the knowledge they need to conduct high-quality conversations.
Why high-quality conversations? It’s simple: maximizing quality means increasing retention and time-on-site. It means turning casual visitors into return readers, and into a lasting community. At OpenWeb, we study closely how to increase quality interactions. So, we’ve prepared this step-by-step guide on best practices for this election season – and how OpenWeb can help you achieve your goals.
Our election toolkit provides actionable newsroom insights to:
- Provide real-time updates and become an indispensable source of up-to-the-minute information for your readers;
- Give your readers the unique opportunity to interact directly with thought leaders and reporters;
- Keep your audience engaged and informed through alerts and notifications;
- Engage directly with your readers about issues that matter most to them; and
- Nurture loyal readers who will return for your future stories.
And includes examples from noteworthy newsrooms like Huffington Post, MSN, and The Denver Post. Make the most of the deeply engaged audiences you’ve cultivated during this critical election period.
Happy election season!